[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - Sad News.

Sad News.

No, you can't have a sip of my Java.

Sad News.

Postby MistaPotta » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:53 pm

MistaPotta
<sigh> No, I haven't uploaded that yet...

Re: Sad News.

Postby collegebookworm » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:09 pm

Well that's disappointing, considering how much money they make off of AP regardless...

I wonder: does this indicate that they'll soon remove the AP Physics B examination? merge Physics C into one test instead of two? take away the spanish literature exam? what will happen to the Calculus AB exam? will the BC exam retain an AB subscore?

This doesn't bode well for the future of Computer Science for any school, any student, or any person in the United States of America. I believe fewer people will take the course, now that they have to work for 1-2 more courses just to take the first APCS test compared to this year and last.
(NS/CA/MA/CS/SC) "**" indicates TMSCA State
08 HI(LO): 142?-**(88-D2)/224-D2(17x-**)/320-D2(202-**)/248?-D2(206-**)/210-D2(17x-NovA+?)
08 D2: 88/224/320/210/248

Next meet: Texas Tech (Region, 4/11-12)
collegebookworm
Determined Spammer

Postby klebian » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:13 pm

hmm I agree, not good news
Schools will start taking away a second year of higher level comp sci, because it will seem useless to them
klebian
Determined Spammer

Postby lethalwire » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:36 pm

It just seems like countries other than the United States are more focused in the Computer Science field...
It's rather sad.
I think the top 20~30 positions on topcoder are from people from countries other than the United States.

It angers me that they are getting rid of this test... and like others said, it will most likely get rid of the 2nd year course. (some 1st)
lethalwire
Typical User

Postby peterliang » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:43 pm

wow that's pretty ridiculous.
HI/LO

NS 240/86
CA 255/a really # score
Math 272/208
SC 224/117
CS 232/188
peterliang
Determined Spammer

Postby Rhombus » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:33 pm

Bringing up an old, old topic, but I believe that they're not simply removing the Computer Science AB test, but vamping up the Computer Science A test. When AB is gone, A will cover everything AB did and will be as intensive as two years of the "old" computer science. The kids who did poorly in A will do even worse, but the kids who did well in A probably won't be as affected - the class will move faster, and will just be more demanding overall.
Rhombus
Typical User

Postby BrandonCraig » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:05 pm

yea im pissed, i have to 5 it like i did the A or im gonna be so mad, its kinda of # that i have one shot at it
BrandonCraig

Location: San Antonio, John Jay Science and Engineering Academy

Postby shrig94 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:31 pm

Sooo happy. I go to an IB school, meaning ap kids will have less of that school taught advantage on me.
NS-355
M-348
CA-274
S-136
CS-160
Shri, AAA, Hirschi
shrig94
Incessant Spammer

Postby Toojdwin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:05 pm

Yeah, AB is awesome. Just wondering, does anyone know if UIL Computer Science will change at all due to this?
Toojdwin
Typical User

Postby shrig94 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:49 pm

I wish it would go to c++...
NS-355
M-348
CA-274
S-136
CS-160
Shri, AAA, Hirschi
shrig94