[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - Whos doing AMC A?

Whos doing AMC A?

American Mathematics Contest & American Invitational Mathematics Examination. See for more information
Note:USAMO/IMO-level questions need to go in the Olympiad section.

Whos doing AMC A?

Postby stupidityismygam » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:25 pm

just wondering who all is doing the AMC tests

klein is doing both AMC A and AMC B

personally i am taking the AMC 12 A and AMC 10 B (as of now)
stupidityismygam
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby Quelloquialism » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:05 am

I can't say I really know anything at all about the AMC tests...what I do know is that the UIL class at Lubbock High (which includes me) will be taking the AMC 12 on Tuesday. Don't know if it's A or B...primarily because I don't even know what those distinctions signify (different testing time windows or something, maybe?).

I'm guessing I'll probably get around a 6.
Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby stupidityismygam » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:08 am

AMC A is feb 6, and AMC B is like two weeks later (just different dates)

i hope you dont get a 6....since if you turn in a blank scantron you get a 37.5 (6 per right, 1.5 per skip, 25 questions, 75 minutes)
stupidityismygam
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby Quelloquialism » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:22 am

Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby bradp » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:46 am

If I could find a nearby school giving the test...
bradp
Perfectionist

Postby AuSmith » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:06 pm

I think Quell meant getting 6 on the AIME.
AuSmith
Grizzled Old Veteran

Postby Quelloquialism » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:55 pm

Quelloquialism
Celebrated Spammer

Postby AuSmith » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:16 pm

I kinda thought AMC 10 and 12 were much the same up until about problem 15. Though, I got in late and don't know much.
AuSmith
Grizzled Old Veteran

Postby stupidityismygam » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:01 pm

# 25 on the amc 10 is about a 18 on amc 12 (i think)

many of the first 10 problems are the same...
stupidityismygam
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby MichaelGummelt » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:38 pm

Midlothian is doing 12 A and 10 A. Last year we had 3 AIME qualifiers, so hopefully we can match that.
MichaelGummelt
Random Spammer

Postby stupidityismygam » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:23 am

stupidityismygam
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby mathslug » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:25 am

This will be the first year in about 10 years that Dripping Springs will make an appearence in the AMC scene. I hope it wont be the last.

We're taking AMC 10 and AMC 12 on the 6th, presumably A, since I think B comes later. Anyways, good luck to everyone. I'm hoping to break the 100 mark for DS for the 1st time in 10 years (2nd time ever if I can manage) on the AMC 12.

Our school is forcing everyone in higher level math courses to take either the 10 or 12 test. We should be able to produce more than a few AIME qualifiers if I'm not mistaken. We have talent in the 12th and 11th grades in math/science, so I look forward to seeing our school's results with eager eyes.

Again, good luck to everyone!

Zack
mathslug
Determined Spammer

Postby MichaelGummelt » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:38 pm

MichaelGummelt
Random Spammer

Postby MistaPotta » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:12 am

We're giving both the A and the B. Only the 12 though

We have 63 taking the 12A today. I've ordered 20 of the B for those who barely missed qualifying, as well as those who want to boost their AIME index by a second-chance test.

We don't give the 10 test -- In the past it was easier qualifying for AIME on the 12 than the 10 (only getting exactly 11 right got you a 101 vs. doing a lot and maybe getting in the 1%)

Unfortunately I ordered tests before I learned of the new scoring system. X(

I'm not sure if we'll order AMC10's in the future even with that. I think preparing eighth graders, freshmen and sophomores for the 12 means (1) they see a consistent test, and (2) they don't get full of themselves thinking they can ace the AMC12 in 11th grade if they did well on the AMC10 in 10th grade

The AMC12 has some good math on it. We've been going over some old tests the past month and had some good discussions.

Last year we had 20 AIME qualifiers, but we haven't had anyone score more than seven right on the AIME yet.

Good luck all!

~MP
MistaPotta
<sigh> No, I haven't uploaded that yet...

Return to AMC/AIME