[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
forum.virtualchallengemeets.com • View topic - North Hills School, Irving?

North Hills School, Irving?

A place to gripe and moan, or stand on your soapbox, or to vent and rave, or just say hi.

North Hills School, Irving?

Postby labrat » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:59 pm

Does anyone know if North Hills School, Irving is a magnet school or charter school? They were in 2A last year, and are now in 3A.
labrat
Typical User

Re: North Hills School, Irving?

Postby E=mc^2 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:04 pm

I think magnets are required to be 5A, like SEM, because of all the schools they feed from.
CA: 17^2 (Invitational A)
E=mc^2
Typical User

Postby sxk1693 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:07 pm

North Hills Prepatory is a charter school I think...I have friends that go there.
HIGHS 2013 MEETS:
NS: 220(TMSCA STATE)
CA: 232(B)
MA: 274(District)
SC: 220(A)
CS: 212(VCM1)
sxk1693
Incessant Spammer

Postby nsguy1350 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:52 pm

2013 District 1/Region:
NS - 319/355
MA - 340/332
CA - 294/287
SC - 344/292
CS - 212/124 (fail)
nsguy1350
Ubiquitous Spammer

Postby labrat » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:17 pm

Well, I disagree. I went on their website, & they have a waiting list for students to get in(over 1000). If they are in 3A, I feel that it is not right. They can accept students from a huge populace. We are in 3A, we dont have the option of choosing who enrolls. I feel that they should be in 5A, just like Science Academy of S. TX or SEM. Not cool. They are an IB school & claim to be among the 25 best Schools in the nation. Plus, they have extra resouces(private donors) that public schools do not. It really goes against the idea of fairness in competition.
labrat
Typical User

Postby 007math » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:21 am

3rd Place State Mathematics 5A 2012
007math
Incessant Spammer

Postby labrat » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:33 am

Im not really talking about this year's competition. The potential exists for a huge advantage to them, in academics as well as possibly athletics. There is a reason why smaller, traditional public schools score lower than larger ones...& its not because of lack of effort. It's just statistics & resources.
labrat
Typical User

Postby 007math » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:38 pm

I suggest you read up on all the UIL rules if you want to continue with this case. The thing is a magnet school specializes in a core area (science and engineering for SEM), but I'm not sure if North Hills does that.

I think private schools follow normal UIL rules, and North Hills is just a private school. This may be wrong, but I've seen many private school names competing in lower than 5A.
3rd Place State Mathematics 5A 2012
007math
Incessant Spammer

Postby labrat » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Well, it is what it is. At least I got to put in my two cents on the subject. Regarless of my opinion. I realize that to be the best, you have to work hard to beat the best. Game on!
labrat
Typical User

Return to Chit Chat and Stuff